Social-o-logy Update!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wow, seriously, where has this summer gone? How is it almost August?! …and how have I not posted anything since June?! I apologize for that! However, the “big thing going on the Jennings way” I mentioned in a previous post is that we moved!! Needless to say that has consumed my time these past couple of months. Sure I’ve moved before, but from apartment to apartment, not house to house. Moving houses is a whole other ballgame! Namely, because when I lived in apartments, I didn’t have anything. Thanks to all our wonderful friends, family and a wedding, we now do have stuff - more than when I was in an apartment anyway! ;-)

I could go on and on about the move. However, I must get on to the bad and/ or good news - depending on how you look at it! The news - I have officially decided to not take on any more custom work for now. I had plans of coming back from the move and charging design fees for custom projects. The more I sat and thought about it though and talked it over with my husband, we decided it might be best for me to just take a break from custom all together. My Etsy shop will have been in existence for a year on August 10th, and, ummm…, there is still nothing in it. I think the only way to make that happen is if I focus my efforts wholeheartedly on that along with finishing up the custom projects I have already started. The good news about that, I will eventually have ready-made designs for you to choose from! I’m very much looking forward to that and hope you will check out the shop once it’s up and running!!!

Note however that It may still be a few months before it is open, as part of my plan is to “stop and smell the roses” a little bit more! It’s my personality to always have a to-do list and to want to check those things off consistently. However, for my husband’s sake (and mine), I’m going to try to work on that! …meaning I’m going to force myself to not get all worked up when my shop isn’t open on the deadline I set for myself. Believe me, I would get worked up over that!

…and who knows, I may work on evolving my blog into something more than a display of my invitations as well. One step at a time though! I have a brain overflowing with thoughts and ideas which is what gets me in trouble to begin with!! 

I do thank all of you for checking out my blog and if I have done custom work for you, thank you for allowing me to work with you!!! I absolutely LOVE custom work and if I didn’t work a full time job along with running Social-o-logy, I would definitely continue down that path! For now though, I’m going to leave the path open…

Thanks again for the support!

P.S. I still have a few projects I haven’t posted. I promise to eventually get to those!

Also, if you see something that I have previously done that you would like to purchase for your event, feel free to contact me! I will gladly make any of my existing products fit your needs – meaning, I can easily change names, dates, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails