Happy Valentines Day!!!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

...so I had intentions of making Valentines cards to send to all of my friends and family, but I'm not quite sure where the month of February has gone!! I did however spend some time in the kitchen yesterday baking Valentines cookies! (Behind card making, baking is my second favorite hobby). :)


 My husband, Jay, was so sweet to have flowers delivered to me at work this past week. ...I always want to send him something, but I just don't know how flowers would go over in an office full of guys! ...so I opted to bake him heart-shaped Snickerdoodles instead. I think he liked them slightly better than flowers. ;-)

...but let me tell you, heart-shaped Snickerdoodles aren't the easiest thing to make. They don't have the same consistency as sugar cookies, so you can't just put a cookie cutter in them and be done with it. I sat here filling each cutter with dough and then carefully removing it. ...hence why they're not perfect hearts. ...but mmmm, they taste good!!! I would highly recommend the Martha Stewart Snickerdoodle recipe! I would also recommend the "Silpat" - the orange thing the cookies are on - and the insulated cookie sheet from Williams Sonoma. I have my sister and my in-laws to thank for both of those!! ...and let me tell you, they make a world of difference. The "Silpat" keeps cookies from sticking to the cookie sheet and the insulated cookie sheet helps to make the cookies super fluffy! (I'll get off my advertising spiel now)!

 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails